Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In Which I Continue In The Rachel Maddow Fangirl Vein

In the last couple of weeks, I have found it very difficult to wade into the political issues with the concentration they deserve, so I'm going "circle the watercooler" again. Hundred days; whatever.

Please click on the banner in the previous post to vote for Rachel in the "Cause You're Hot" category of the NewNowNext Awards. If she wins, she will squirm with 80% consternation and 20% "Yeah, that's right. You know it." satisfaction. We will never see that 20%, but it will be there, and we may take our pleasure from our imagined version of it.

Also on the subject of voting, AfterEllen.com's Hot 100 of 2009 list will be out on May 11th. It's too late to vote now, but I have made a prediction: Rachel, while not appearing on the 2008 Hot 100, will be number 1 on the 2009 list. I have a bet with an online buddy about this, and let me just say that the terms are harsh indeed.

For those of you who wish I would get back to the seriousness of politics: I will, I will. To the rest of you: Heyyy!

ETA: Did I hear Rachel say off-camera, "Oh my God!" or something like it when the wicked awesome Melissa Harris-Lacewell said that African-Americans are just glad that "no one had shot at him (Obama) so far?"

No comments:

Post a Comment